On March 4th – 7th, 2016, the Final Meeting of the European-Mediterranean Postgraduate Program on Organ Donation and Transplantation (EMPODaT) was held in Aswan-Luxor, Egypt.
A total of 20 professionals from 8 different countries (Spain, Sweden, Morocco, Egypt, Lebanon, UAE, Ethiopia, and Sudan) participated in this final meeting.
The objectives of the final meeting were:
- To review all the activities developed during the project
- To discuss the training program evaluation results
- To approve the draft of the Project Final Report
- To optimize deliverables and ensure their dissemination
- To Constitute a Euro-Mediterranean training network in Organ Donation and Transplantation and to sign a final networking agreement
- To focus on the program expansion to different potential adopters outside initial target group by dissemination media event and conference
We would like to thank all partners, officials and international external experts for contributing to the success of the final meeting. It was really memorable experience for all of us.