The main objective of EMPODaT is to create a Postgraduate Training Program on Organ Donation and Transplantation addressed to healthcare professionals from Morocco, Egypt and Lebanon, setting the base for a European-Mediterranean Training Model of Specialists in Organ Donation and Transplantation.
General planning of the Project
|EMPODaT Design||Dec. 2013 – May. 2014|
|Kick-Off Meeting||May 2014|
|EMPODaT Development||May – Sept. 2014|
|Interim Meeting||Sept. 2014|
|EMPODaT Implementation||Sept. 2014 – Sept. 2015|
|Learn to teach||Sept. 2014|
|Postgraduate Training Program||Oct. 2014 – Jul. 2015|
|Final Meeting||Nov. 2015|
|Dissemination||Dec. 2013 – Nov. 2015|
|Quality control and Evaluation||Dec. 2013 – Nov. 2015|
Phase 1. EMPODaT Design
A diagnosis study will be carried out considering the following issues:
- Current educational training programs on organ donation and transplantation in the consortium countries (EU+ENPI)
- Skills and knowledge of health science students in organ donation and transplantation (ENPI Universities)
- Accreditation (ECTS) stipulations in the ENPI universities and competent authorities for higher education in order to meet the requirements of accreditation standards
- Analysis of organ donation and transplantation activity in ENPI countries
- Evaluation of internet access and digital literacy in ENPI countries
Based on diagnosis study results, the consortium will draw up a plan agreed by all partners for joint actions to create a homogenized EMPODaT curriculum.
Phase 2. EMPODaT Development
EMPODaT will include the following academic modules:
“Learn to Teach” Educational Program
Beneficiaries: 12 ENPI Faculty Staff (2 members from each ENPI University: 1 Academic and 1 Management Coordinator) that will constitute the EMPODaT faculty.
“Postgraduate Program on Organ Donation and Transplantation” will include:
- Organ Donation online module (5 ECTS): October-December 2014.
- Organ Transplantation online module (5 ECTS): January-March 2015.
- Organ Donation and Transplantation local seminars (5 ECTS): to be organized throughout the 8 months of EMPODaT implementation (flexible schedule).
- Donation and Transplantation hospital traineeships (5+5 ECTS). November 2014- April 2015.
- International assessment face to face seminar (5 ECTS): May-June 2015. One course will take place in each ENPI Country: Lebanon, Morocco and Egypt with the support of tutors from EU and ENPI universities.
Beneficiaries: There will be a total of 90 students from the 6 ENPI Universities (15 per each). Students’ selection will be performed on basis of gender equality and profile diversity and their registration will be accomplished by September 2014.
Phase 3. EMPODaT Implementation and Follow up
EMPODaT will be implemented in the 6 ENPI Universities between October 2014 and July 2015, will last 10 months and will correspond to 750 hours (30 ECTS). It will provide with knowledge abilities and skills that will enable students to undertake future organ donation and transplantation activities, according to the requirements and characteristics of their profession.
Upon successful completion, students will be certified.
A project quality control, follow up and evaluation system will be designed and implemented to ensure the efficient implementation of the educational program.